The first thing I would say about me is that I love to learn. I love writing because it allows me to learn a wide range of topics at a deep level.
I’m the author of Manifest Destiny: Choosing a Life of Greatness and Uncommon Sense: A Common Citizen’s Guide to Rebuilding America.
I have a burning belief in the power of the human spirit — our ability to transcend circumstances and achieve greatness through choice.
That belief drives me to strive for virtue and excellence in my own life, and to do all in my power to uplift and inspire others.
I live and promote my passions through Life Manifestos, my “Inspiration Weekly” e-newsletter, and, of course, through my mission to produce inspirational books with leaders.
I co-authored the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Amazon bestseller Killing Sacred Cows: Overcoming the Financial Myths that are Destroying Your Prosperity.
I’m also the co-author of The Conscious Creator: Six Laws for Manifesting Your Masterpiece Life with Kris Krohn, Reversing The Senses: Increasing Your Internal Capacity to Lead and Achieve with Martin Hubbard, and Hub Mentality: Shifting from Business Transactions to Community Interactions with Carl Woolston.
A lot of my clients will tell you I’m a nerd. I don’t deny it.
- I read at least one book per week (see my favorite books and my Goodreads book rankings).
- I never watch TV. (I do watch movies, however.)
- I think Twitter is a big, fat waste of time.
- In 4th grade, I was two rounds away from earning a place at the national spelling bee in Washington D.C.
- As a high school freshman, I was the only student in the history of Mrs. Heydet’s English class to earn 100 percent on her infamous final research paper.
According to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I’m a methodical, dutiful ISTJ.
- I have a liberal arts degree. I’m also a graduate and faculty member of Wizard Academy, a “non-traditional business school” with an emphasis on the art and science of persuasive communication.
- My passions and interests include political philosophy, economics, history, personal finance, entrepreneurship, sustainable and local agriculture, religion and spirituality, family, education, and culture.
- I’ll choose a serious, heartfelt drama over a bang-bang shoot ’em up action blockbuster any day (see my favorite movies).
- I’d much rather be at home with my family than anywhere.
Speaking of my family, I live in southern Utah with my wife and four kids.
When I’m not writing or spending time with my family, you’ll find me reading, canyoneering in Zion National Park, gardening, or playing basketball.
My Clients Say:
“Stephen has been more than a writer for me — he has been a partner. He captures my voice and puts it into writing in ways that I simply cannot…without him our book probably would not have become a New York Times bestseller…” –Garrett Gunderson
“Stephen’s creativity, wisdom and friendship helped to draw the very best out of me and write a far better book than I could have ever done alone. He made the process so enjoyable that I feel we not only wrote a world-changing book together, but that I’ve gained a new friend for life.” – Steve D’Annunzio