The Gold Package is for high-quality books, which are typically between 30,000 and 60,000 words (125-230 pages).
This is the perfect package for you if:
- You want to invest in making your book look totally high-class and professional.
- Your primary intention is to boost your credibility and maximize your impact and profitability with your current audience.
- You probably want to go hardcover instead of paperback to make your book look more credible (though this is not absolutely necessary).
- You already have a fairly sizeable reach and formal database of prospects and customers.
- Your primary marketing strategies will include reaching out to your current audience, versus doing a lot of publicity to reach new people.
Pricing & Terms
- .70 cents per word
- Minimum of $25,000
- $4,000 per month for five months, remaining due when book is sent to print
- Does not include project management
Your investment for this package is .70 cents per word.
You pay me $4,000 per month for five months. We calculate the total once we have a final manuscript. The remaining is due when the book is sent to print.
The minimum amount required with this package is $25,000. So you pay the greater of $25,000 or the total word count.
Most books in this package will fall between 30,000 and 60,000 words, for a range of between $25,000 (minimum fee) and $42,000 for your total investment.
Total Word Count: 31,426
Total Investment: $25,000
Terms: $4,000/month for five months, $5,000 due once the book gets sent to print
Total Word Count: 52,348
Total Investment: $36,643.60
Terms: $4,000/month for five months, remaining $16,643.60 due when manuscript is sent to print
This package does not include me managing the editing, design, and publishing process. After you approve the final manuscript my duties are complete.
Project Management Details
If you would like me to manage the complete publishing process for you, an additional Project Management Fee of $1,500 is due when we start the editing process.
The Project Management package includes me shepherding your book through editing, graphic design, interior layout, and publishing. It does not include necessary fees for the editor, graphic designer, print broker, or printer. You will need to pay them separately.
- I coordinate with the editor and make all recommended changes to the manuscript after the editor gives us feedback.
- I help you choose a designer for cover design and interior layout.
- I manage the process with the designer to ensure top-quality design and layout.
- I communicate and coordinate with a print broker to choose the right printer for you.
- I communicate and coordinate with the printer to make sure they get all the right files.
In short, with this additional project management package, I manage the entire process from start to finish to minimize your involvement and maximize the speed of publishing.
My Clients Say:
“Stephen has been more than a writer for me — he has been a partner. He captures my voice and puts it into writing in ways that I simply cannot…without him our book probably would not have become a New York Times bestseller…” –Garrett Gunderson
“Stephen’s creativity, wisdom and friendship helped to draw the very best out of me and write a far better book than I could have ever done alone. He made the process so enjoyable that I feel we not only wrote a world-changing book together, but that I’ve gained a new friend for life.” – Steve D’Annunzio