The Silver Package is for simple, small books, which are typically between 10,000 and 20,000 words (50-150 pages).
This is the perfect package for you if:
- You want a basic paperback book to market your business or practice.
- You’re not looking for a bestseller or to become famous from your book.
- Your primary marketing strategies will be to 1) give your book to prospects to entice them to do business with you, 2) give books to your clients to encourage referrals, or 3) sell it to your existing database to boost your credibility.
- You want to self-publish.
- You don’t want to spend a ton of money, time, or energy on publishing and/or promotion.
- You just want to have a basic book that gets the job done.
Pricing & Terms
- .85 cents per word
- Minimum of $10,000
- $5,000 – $7,500 up front (depending on estimated length)
- Typically ranges from $10,000 to $15,000
- Does not include project management
Your investment for this package is .85 cents per word, with a minimum of $10,000. Between $5,000 and $7,500 is due up front, depending on the estimated word count, and the remaining is due when you give the final approval on your manuscript.
Most books in this package will fall between 10,000 and 20,000 words, for a range of between $10,000 and $15,000 for your total investment.
The minimum amount required with this package is $10,000.
Total Word Count: 15,875
Total Investment: $13,493.75
Total Due Up Front: $6,500
Total Due After Manuscript Approval: $6,993.75
This basic package does not include me managing the editing, design, and publishing process. After you approve the final manuscript my duties are complete.
Project Management Details
If you would like me to manage the complete publishing process for you, an additional Project Management Fee of $1,500 is due when we start the editing process.
The Project Management package includes me shepherding your book through editing, graphic design, interior layout, and publishing. It does not include necessary fees for the editor, graphic designer, print broker, or printer. You will need to pay them separately.
- I coordinate with the editor and make all recommended changes to the manuscript after the editor gives us feedback.
- I help you choose a designer for cover design and interior layout.
- I manage the process with the designer to ensure top-quality design and layout.
- I communicate and coordinate with a print broker to choose the right printer for you.
- I communicate and coordinate with the printer to make sure they get all the right files.
In short, with this additional project management package, I manage the entire process from start to finish to minimize your involvement and maximize the speed of publishing.
My Clients Say:
“Stephen has been more than a writer for me — he has been a partner. He captures my voice and puts it into writing in ways that I simply cannot…without him our book probably would not have become a New York Times bestseller…” –Garrett Gunderson
“Stephen’s creativity, wisdom and friendship helped to draw the very best out of me and write a far better book than I could have ever done alone. He made the process so enjoyable that I feel we not only wrote a world-changing book together, but that I’ve gained a new friend for life.” – Steve D’Annunzio